Our staff and volunteers want to provide the best care and services to each person who walks through our doors. We look forward to hearing more about your needs and to working together to reach your goals.
We serve hot breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, every day of the year to residents of our shelter. Dinner is open to men, women and children from the community in a friendly, caring environment. Dinner is served at 7:00 p.m.
For more information about food help call us at (513) 241-5525.
City Gospel Mission offers safe and clean shelter for men in a Christian environment where we treat each other with the dignity and respect we all deserve. 74 beds are available nightly on a first-come, first-serve basis. Men in our shelter have access to case management, meals, showers, medical services, benefits advocacy, enrichment classes and recreational activities.
Our 74-bed facility is often full. Please call ahead to check bed availability (513) 241-5525. If a bed is available, guest must arrive for intake at 4:00 p.m., bring a photo ID, be sober, and not be on the sex offender list.
- Exodus is our men’s residential recovery program. A man does not need to suffer from an addiction to apply. We help men with addictions and a wide range of other issues. If you or someone you know might benefit from our program, please complete and sign the Exodus Men’s Recovery Program Application and return it to our Intake Coordinator by fax (513-345-1049) or mail: City Gospel Mission, c/o Exodus Recovery Program, 1805 Dalton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45214. After receipt of these documents, we will be in touch with you to move forward with the admissions process. Learn more about participating in Exodus.
- Having the Courage to Change is our women’s residential recovery program. A woman does not need to suffer from an addiction to apply. We help women with addictions and a wide range of other issues. If you or someone you know might benefit from our program, please complete and sign the HTCTC Women’s Recovery Program Application and return it to our Intake Coordinator by fax (513-345-1049) or mail: City Gospel Mission, c/o Having the Courage to Change Program, 1805 Dalton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45214. After receipt of these documents, we will be in touch with you to move forward with the admissions process. Learn more about participating in Having the Courage to Change.
For more information about our recovery services call us at (513) 345-1094.
Job Readiness and Placement
If you are looking for a job, our employment network, JobsPlus, can help. We will evaluate your skills and work history and place you into one of two unique job readiness and placement programs, which are free to clients. And our Mary Starner Scholarship Fund makes education grants to JobsPlus graduates who are working toward a certification or degree to advance their career. Learn more about JobsPlus here.
- Traditional Program: The traditional program equips people who have faced life challenges and have limited work histories. The Christian-based program focuses on character and spiritual growth in addition to practical job training and job search assistance. Read more about the Traditional program’s process.
- Fast Track Program: This program is for advanced clients with a positive work history, no felonies, a high school diploma, GED equivalent or higher degrees, a driver’s license and basic computer skills. Read more about the Fast Track program’s process. Or watch our Fast Track video.
To learn more about our programs or submit a resume, email Abe Woolfolk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call JobsPlus at (513) 241-1800.
Thanksgiving & Christmas Help
- Fall Feast on Thanksgiving Day is held at Duke Energy Center, 525 Elm Street. Doors open at 9:00 a.m. All are welcome. Free Thanksgiving turkey dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Also available for free at the event: coats, haircuts, health clinic, vision screenings, dental checkups for children, live music, children’s inflatable play area and a petting zoo.
- Thanksgiving Food and Christmas Presents: All of City Gospel Mission’s Thanksgiving food baskets and Christmas presents are administered through local churches. Check with your church leadership to see if your church participates in our programs. If they do, they will have all the information needed about the assistance they can offer you. If your church is not a partner but is interested in becoming one, a member of your church leadership can contact City Gospel Mission at (513) 621-2873 between January 1 and August 1 to begin the process.
Our youth programs are free of charge to at-risk children. At-risk generally means that the child is affected by one or more of these risk factors: poverty, homelessness, disability, below average grades and households without English speakers. Most of our youth programs are in partnership with a local church.
- Tutoring – Our tutoring and mentoring program is called Whiz Kids. It’s currently offered in partnership with 53 different elementary schools in Greater Cincinnati. If Whiz Kids is in your child’s school and you believe your child is a good candidate for this program, please speak with your child’s teacher. His or her teacher must recommend your child to Whiz Kids for enrollment.
- College Scholarships
- Hispanic Ministry
- Youth Groups
- Summer Camp
For more information about our youth programs call us at (513) 621-2873.
We would love to pray for you. Please share your prayer requests with us at email@example.com.