Are you in crisis, dealing with addiction or other life controlling problems? You don’t have to face these challenges alone. We invite you to join City Gospel Mission’s residential recovery program for men called Exodus.
Our program is Christian-based and not just for men who struggle with substance abuse. We also serve men struggling with repeated incarceration, homelessness and stabilized mental health issues. Our case managers and life coaches will work with you to set and achieve your goals.
Participants will begin Exodus with 45-60 days of orientation. After orientation, each man is asked to make increments of 60-120-day commitments toward completing his holistic plan. Men typically participate in our program for 12 to 24 months before they transition to independent living.
Apply for Exodus
If you or your loved one might benefit from our program, please complete and sign the Men’s Recovery Program Application and return it to our Intake Department by fax (513-345-1049) or mail: City Gospel Mission, c/o Exodus, 1805 Dalton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45214. After receipt of these documents, we will be in touch with you to move forward with the admissions process.
Intake Requirements for CGM Recovery Programs
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Applicant must have a desire and willingness for Recovery.
- Program Application
2. Having the Courage to Change
- Applicant must complete a phone interview with Intake Coordinator.
- Applicant must be detoxed from all substances for at least 5 to 7 days.
- Covid-19 Test
- Tuberculosis(TB) Test
- All applicants will be evaluated on an individual bases for entry into programming by our Recovery Team
** Our Recovery Team includes the Intake Coordinator, Program Directors, and Chemical Dependency Counselor.
- Applicant can not have any Child Abuse/Endangerment Charges
- Applicant can not have any Sexual Abuse/Sexual Related Charges
- Applicant must have all chronic health concerns/issues addressed prior to coming into treatment.
- Applicant must address all court/probation/parole requirements and court proceedings prior to coming into treatment.
- Applicant must have approval from P.O./Judge to attend our program.
- Pre-Sentence investigation Reports from Institution
- Mental Health Assessments from Institution
- Any other relative assessments/documentation from Institution
FAQ: Basic Program Information for Exodus & Having the Courage to Change:
- We are a Christian, faith-based, discipleship, transformational living program for people suffering from life-controlling issues such as drug addiction, homelessness, mental health issues, gambling, criminal history/court-ordered treatment, etc.
- How much does the program Cost?
1. $300 per month – with sliding scale fee based on having an income.
2. We do not accept insurance, sliding scale fee only.
- How can I qualify for the program?
1. Applicant must be 18 years or older, be detoxed, and have a willingness to change and work on their recovery.
2. There are some issues that applicants need to address before they enter the program and those things will be assessed during the assessment interview should you choose to apply for the program.
- Looking for a shelter?
1. CGM has a homeless shelter for men – 5132415525
2. CGM does NOT have a homeless shelter for women.
If you need shelter, call the Cincinnati shelter hotline (513)381-SAFE(7233). This is the Central Access Point(CAP) a centralized intake system for families and individuals who are currently experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of becoming homeless. Intake Specialists screen callers based on their immediacy of need and make appropriate referrals into a partner agency’s program. Be prepared for a wait time. Unfortunately, due to the high need, Greater Cincinnati shelters are frequently full.
CAP accepts call from 9:00AM to 8:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00 AM to 2:00PM Saturday and Sunday.
1. We do NOT offer any detox services, ALL participants must be detoxed and not exhibit any withdrawal symtoms before they can enter the program.
2. The main detox facility in Hamilton County is the Center for Addictions Treatment:
Address: 830 Ezzard Charles Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45214
3. You may also try a local hospital emergency room to get detox services.
- Length of Program?
1. Our programs are long-term, residential treatment programs. We ask each participant entering the program to make at least a 90-day commitment to the program, this will allow them to complete our Orientation Phase and experience the program to be able to decide if they want to go to Phase 1 and enter long term treatment.
2. Average length of time to complete the whole program and all 5 Phase is approximately 12 months.
- Can I Smoke?
1. Yes, we realize that is hard to quit all substances at one time and we do allow our participants to smoke.
2. Smoking is allowed ONLY during free time when there is not a scheduled group or activity.
- Am I Allowed to Work?
1.Participants are not allowed to work when they first enter the program. We would like participants to enter the program and focus on themselves and building a foundation in their recovery before taking on the responsibility of work or school activities. Participants are allowed to work once they have completed core classes and are at least in Phase 2 of the program, which is typically not until 6-8 months down the line into the program.
- What is a typical day like for a participant?
1. A participant’s typical day is pretty full – the day starts with breakfast around 8am, the first morning group starts around 9am, then participants go to the gym to work out for their exercise group, after the gym they have lunch and free time. Afternoon group is from 2:30-4pm, next they do assigned chores and have free time until dinner at 6pm. After dinner, they have an evening group from 7:30-9pm.
Others have taken the first step. You can too.
City Gospel Mission is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.