Little Village is helping families meet their children’s and caregiver’s needs in the earliest years. It’s a place for children from birth to age 5 to play and families to find community. It makes such a difference to know as a family that we are not alone; to find others whose kids enjoy the same thing and find that we are overcoming the same challenges together. As the old proverb goes: It takes a village. We hope you will come find yours at Little Village.
Little Village is now operating full time for open-play, Tuesdays through Friday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. -2:00 p.m free play. Families are welcome to stop in on their own schedules, without reservations or time limits. Please email director Melanie Gomez if you have any questions.
Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
Little Village is a play space designed for fun, early learning, and community connection for families of children from birth to 5. There is no charge to participate, and it has flexible hours to meet families’ schedules. This program provides the opportunity for play, learning, and community relationships for families to thrive together.
At Little Village, we invite the littlest learners and their families to explore in a variety of playful areas.
- Art Room – Children and caregivers can create messes and masterpieces of paint, Play-Doh, tissue paper, glue, and an array of creative materials at our child-sized tables and easels.
- Science Center – A place to try experiments and play in environments that offer sensory materials and activities for little hands to be curious about the world around them.
- Tumble Area – For jumping, climbing, moving, and getting out lots of energy in fun and safe ways.
- Construction Zone – So many children love to build for the whole point of knocking down. This area will offer a variety ways to build – blocks, LEGOs, logs,and stackables for builders to let skills grow.
- Dramatic Play and Games – This area will have costumes, play sets, puzzles, and more for children to enjoy different ways to imagine and play together.
- Reading Room – This space will be filled with books and cozy places to sit so families can enjoy reading together.
- Infant Space – In this area, the littlest ones can crawl, pull up, feel, and explore in a safe area just for them and their parents.
City Gospel Mission is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.